The Purchasing Division manages the purchases of goods and services for the City of Akron. All purchases are processed in accordance with the City of Akron Charter, Codified Ordinances, and Policies.
DUTIES OF THE PURCHASING DIVISION
- Plan, organize and control acquisitions of materials, equipment, and services for the City of Akron.
- Complete bid specifications and gather technical, non-technical and legal information.
- Issue sealed bids and request for quotations.
- Open and evaluate sealed bids and quotes.
- Obtain Board of Control approval for purchases over $15,000.
- Prepare contracts and issue purchase orders.
- Maintain current pricing data on scrap metal.
- Manage surplus inventory and maximize the revenues generated.
SEALED BIDS (Goods & Services over $50,000)
ALL SEALED BIDS, documents, Q&A, and bid submissions are done through the procurement portal Bonfire (A Euna Solutions Brand). Notices of bid opportunities are sent from Bonfire by the Purchasing Division. Bid tables and awards are publicly posted on Bonfire.
Bonfire registration is easy and free!
Register for Bonfire
Please be sure to complete the entire registration process paying special attention to vendor type if certified with the State of Ohio, and commodity codes associated with your type of business or organization.